Our Approach to Leads
One of the most commonly asked questions we receive from prospective agents is, “Do you offer free leads?” The reality is First Sierra Insurance subscribes to the age-old philosophy of “Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime!”
Everyone wants the easy button when it comes to leads. There are organizations that will say they provide “free leads.” This is one of the most common recruitment ploys in this industry. Let’s get real! There is no such thing as a free lunch or a free lead!
Let’s look at how much a “free lead” actually costs you.
There are numerous ways organizations recoup the cost of free leads:
- They take part of YOUR COMMISSIONS
- In some instances, up to 50% of YOUR money is collected by the upline
- Charge YOU office or appointment-booking fees - can be as high as $100 per sale
- You enter into a co-op agreement and pay your upline a required amount each month
- Upline marks-up the cost of the lead and re-sells them to you
- You are provided 10 free-leads one time & if you don’t sell them, you are never provided leads again.
- These leads are most often recycled when you get them.
Where do “free leads” come from?
- Often free leads are recycled; meaning someone already contacted the lead
- This is a waste of your time, effort and money!!
All of the information we have shared above has come from agents who have had a bad experience with the “free lead ploy!”
At First Sierra Insurance Services we don’t have to use free leads as a recruitment strategy! We take the time to TEACH you how to create a leads pipeline that will sustain you and help you grow your business. Is it the easy button? Honestly, no! It’s been said the only place success comes before work is the dictionary!
Create the kind of success YOU want! It’s easier and cheaper than you think!